2010 was an amazing year for me, and I’m super motivated to start kicking ass in 2011. To wrap up the year in a single blog post I put together a few quick lists of numbers and highlights. Without further ado, here goes…
2010 BY THE NUMBERS
Days Spent Traveling: 125
Total Trips Taken: 20
States Visited: 11
Countries Visited: 7
Flights Missed: 1
Dollars Spent To Change Missed Flight: $767
BMX Events Covered: 21
Approximate Photos Shot: 11,500
Videos Filmed & Edited: 200
Photos Sold: 319
Videos Sold: 4
Total Brands Worked With: 37
Videos Filmed & Edited Over The Course Of Three Days At The Interbike Trade Show: 52
Properties Purchased: 1
Transmissions Blown: 1
Cars Purchased As A Result Of Transmissions Blown: 1
– I went to Tallinn, Estonia, for the second year in a row for one of my favorite BMX contests of all time, Simpel Session.
– I took a trip to Cleveland, Ohio to ride Ray’s MTB—one of the most fun indoor bike parks ever!
– I went to Toronto, Canada, for the third year in a row to cover the Toronto BMX Jam.
– I judged my first professional BMX contest in DeKalb, Illinois.
– I announced and helped organize/promote a local contest in New Orleans, Louisiana, at one of my old local skateparks, Ramp Age.
– After an 11 month short sale process I purchased my first home—a two bedroom, two bathroom 900sq/ft condo in Downtown Long Beach just three blocks from the water.
– I went on tour with the DC Shoes BMX team around Colorado, Utah, Nevada, and California, to shoot photos for Ride BMX and ended up announcing all of the demos on the tour. I later announced two big demos for DC Shoes in Downtown Disneyland in California.
– I jumped dirt jumps for the first time in three years—the biggest jumps I have ever hit, and the only jumps I have ever hit brakeless.
– I got to go to Spain for the Nike 6.0 BCN BMX Pro contest.
– I went whale watching with my best friend Terry Adams and his wife Vanessa. We didn’t see any whales, Vanessa threw up, and Terry lost his iPhone4 which turned him into a crying baby.
– I went to all four stops of the Dew Tour and shot photos at X Games for the fourth year in a row.
– I went to Camp Woodward in Pennsylvania for the first time.
– I was featured on neworleans.com and Fuel TV’s Web site.
– I was hired to shoot photos and film/edit a video for Fox and sent on a trip to Puerto Rico with their BMX team.
– I produced a flatland BMX calendar for the third year in a row.
– I took a life-changing journey through East Africa, hitting Rwanda, Burundi, and Kenya.
– I made a coffee table book with photos from Africa for my personal keepsake.
– I ended the year visiting my family in Louisiana, and couldn’t have been happier.
2010 Trips & Travels Slide Show
I always try to get at least one photo of me from each trip I go on, or from each place I visit on a trip…here are all the images I collected throughout 2010.
HAVE A VERY HAPPY AND PRODUCTIVE NEW YEAR!